International Student Contract Dispute Resolution Scheme Rules 2016

Part 1 Dispute resolution process

4 How to initiate dispute


A student claimant may initiate a dispute against a provider by making a claim under the scheme to the DRS operator.


A student claimant may make a claim under the scheme free of charge.


The claim may be made in writing or orally.


The DRS operator must record in writing a claim made orally and confirm the record of the claim with the student claimant.


The DRS operator must provide reasonable support (such as interpretation support) to enable a student claimant to make a claim.