(1) This section applies to a person who after 31 July 2008 was appointed to, and at the close of 2 December 2012 continued to hold, the rank of Senior Counsel for New Zealand.
(2) After 2 December 2012, the person—
(3) The precedence to which the person is entitled is not affected by sections 118 to 119C (as substituted by section 6 of the Lawyers and Conveyancers Amendment Act 2012).
(4) After 2 December 2012, the person is not precluded, by reason only of the fact that he or she holds that rank,—
(a) from practising, or in the course of his or her practice providing regulated services, either as a barrister or as a barrister and solicitor, or either alone or in partnership with any other lawyer; or
(c) from being an employee (other than an employee of an incorporated law firm in which he or she is the only voting shareholder) who, in the course of his or her employment, provides regulated services; or
(5) The following apply to the person in the same way as they apply to a Queen's Counsel appointed to that rank after 2 December 2012:
(6) Subsections (3), (4), and (5) apply to the person whether or not after 2 December 2012 and under subsection (2) he or she uses, in relation to himself or herself, the words Queen's Counsel and the abbreviation QC.
Section 118D: inserted, on 3 December 2012, by section 6 of the Lawyers and Conveyancers Amendment Act 2012 (2012 No 92).