(1) The requirement to transfer public records under section 21(1) does not apply—
(2) In subsection (1)(a), schedule has the meaning given to it in section 2 of the Statistics Act 1975.
(3) In the case of public records referred to in subsection (1)(a), the records—
(4) An agreement entered into under subsection (1)(b) may be renewed for further specified periods by agreement between the administrative head of the controlling public office and the Chief Archivist.
(5) An instruction issued under subsection (1)(c)—
(b) must direct the department to make payments to the controlling public office for the maintenance, preservation, and public use of any such public records at a rate agreed by the Chief Archivist and the controlling public office; and
(6) Subsection (1)(d) applies only if a public record contains information the release of which would be likely to—
(c) prejudice the maintenance of the law, including the prevention, investigation, and detection of offences, and the right to a fair trial; or
(7) A deferral permitted under subsection (1)(d) may be renewed by the responsible Minister, after consultation with the Minister.
(8) Every transfer deferred under this section must be noted in the register of deferred transfers, in accordance with section 19(1)(a).
Section 22(5)(b): amended, on 1 February 2011, by section 13 of the Public Records Amendment Act (No 2) 2010 (2010 No 133).