(1) The Governor-General may, by Order in Council made on the recommendation of the Minister,—
(a) declare that—
(i) a person or body owned or controlled, directly or indirectly, by the Crown, or 1 or more classes of such a person or body, is a public office for the purposes of this Act:
(2) Subsection (1) permits compliance to be varied under this section in respect of—
(3) Subsection (1)(b)(i) does not apply to the public offices referred to in paragraph (c)(i) and (v) to (x) of the definition of public office in section 4.
(4) The Governor-General may, by Order in Council made on the recommendation of the Minister, amend or revoke an Order in Council made under subsection (1).
(5) Before making a recommendation under subsection (1) or subsection (4), the Minister must—
(6) Before making a recommendation in relation to local authority records under subsection (1)(b)(iii) or subsection (4), the Minister must—
(7) This Act continues to apply to a mixed ownership model company (within the meaning of section 45P of the Public Finance Act 1989) that was a public office immediately before becoming a mixed ownership model company, as if it were still a public office, but only in respect of its affairs before it ceased to be a public office (regardless of when the records of those affairs are created).
Section 5(7): inserted, on 30 June 2012, by section 11 of the Public Finance (Mixed Ownership Model) Amendment Act 2012 (2012 No 45).