(1) Sections 8A to 8C set out the functions of the Bureau.
(2) The order in which the functions are set out is not to be taken as specifying any order of importance or priority.
(3) The performance of the Bureau's functions and the relative importance and priority of the functions, if any, are to be determined, from time to time, by the Director, subject to the control of the Minister.
(4) Without limiting subsection (3), the performance of the Bureau's functions under section 8A (information assurance and cybersecurity) and section 8C (co-operation with other entities to facilitate their functions) is at the discretion of the Director.
(5) In addition to the functions set out in sections 8A to 8C, the Bureau has the functions (if any) conferred on it by or under any other Act.
Section 8: replaced, on 26 September 2013, by section 7 of the Government Communications Security Bureau Amendment Act 2013 (2013 No 57).