(1) Where a work is made by a person employed or engaged by the Crown under a contract of service, a contract of apprenticeship, or a contract for services,—
(2) Copyright in such a work is referred to in this Act as Crown copyright, notwithstanding that such copyright is assigned to another person.
(3) Crown copyright shall expire,—
(4) In the case of a work of joint authorship where 1 or more, but not all, of the authors are persons employed or engaged by the Crown under a contract of service, a contract of apprenticeship, or a contract for services, this section applies only in relation to those authors and the copyright existing by virtue of their contribution to the work.
(5) Subject to this section and to any other express provision of this Act, the provisions of this Act apply in relation to Crown copyright as to other copyright.
(6) Subsection (1) applies subject to any agreement to the contrary.
Compare: 1962 No 33 s 52; Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 s 163 (UK)