(1) An infringement notice may not be issued after the close of the 14th day after the inspector becomes aware of the alleged infringement offence.
(2) An infringement notice may be served on a person—
(3) For the purposes of the Summary Proceedings Act 1957, an infringement notice must be treated as having been served on the person on the date it was posted.
(4) An infringement notice must be in the prescribed form and must contain—
(5) If an infringement notice has been issued, proceedings in respect of the infringement offence to which the notice relates may be commenced in accordance with section 21 of the Summary Proceedings Act 1957 and, in that case,—
Section 56E: inserted, on 5 May 2003, by section 29 of the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002 (2002 No 86).