(1) This section applies if an inspector considers that he or she will not be able to lay an information by the end of the 6-month period referred to in section 54B.
(2) On application, the District Court may extend the time for laying an information.
(3) An application under subsection (2) must be made within the 6-month period.
(4) The court must not grant an extension unless it is satisfied that—
(5) The court must give the following persons an opportunity to be heard:
Section 54D: inserted, on 5 May 2003, by section 27 of the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002 (2002 No 86).