(1) The Minister may approve courses of occupational health and safety training to be carried out at a place of work or elsewhere.
(2) The Minister may approve a course only if he or she is satisfied that the course is—
(3) The Minister may delegate his or her power under subsection (1) to 1 or more persons.
(4) To avoid doubt, a course approved under this section may be a course that is also approved under section 72 of the Employment Relations Act 2000.
(5) For the purposes of Part 2B, the reference to a health and safety representative in section 19G(2)(b) means a site health and safety representative.
Section 19G: inserted, on 5 May 2003, by section 13 of the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2002 (2002 No 86).
Section 19G(1): amended, on 1 December 2004, by section 3 of the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2004 (2004 No 87).
Section 19G(5): inserted, on 16 December 2013, by section 9 of the Health and Safety in Employment Amendment Act 2013 (2013 No 95).